October 10, 2015

Belts and Buckles

Untitled #1642

Belts are an item that I have never really considered to be a 'staple' among my wardrobe in the past. This is mostly due to the fact that they are either always so dramatically overpriced, are too big/small or they just don't suit my overall preferred sense of style. In my mind though, a belt can add such a unique contribution to any outfit, especially when they're used to accentuate the waist as well as to tie together both a casual Summer dress or a jumpsuit.

Untitled #1641

The kinds of belts that I have been loving lately include 'western' styled belts, which have become so popular for a lot of people and have been a massive hit among online stores and boutiques such as Showpo.com and Boohoo.com. Last week, I received an email from Boohoo alerting me that they were having a huuuge 25% off sale for a couple of hours only. With my credit card ready to go, I got to work and decided to go for the one item that I knew would be the perfect basis for my almost empty & incredibly boring wardrobe, a belt!

*Side note: Does anyone else get really nervous when there's a sale running online and they're contemplating on what to buy? My experience last week seriously reminded me of one of those cliché end-of-the-world movies where everyone is rioting with their trolleys for things to steal last minute in the grocery store... Every time I would reload my items page, my chosen colour or size would go out of stock! Talk about a dramatic Monday morning!...

Aside from that though, I managed to pick up the most perfect looking belt in black with some gold detailing, which will be fab for the Summertime and will also surely be a nice addition to my just-about empty wardrobe at this stage. I'll have some pictures up straight after it arrives at my doorstep, along with a few other things that I picked up during the sale, so follow me along if you want to see those soon! In the meantime, shop some of my favourite belts below, and also don't forget to let me know of your thoughts in the comments! Xx

(Collection created using Polyvore)