November 05, 2015

Flared Skirts

Flared Skirts Trend

Also referred to as the 'fishtail skirt', this trend is amping up to be one of the biggest must-haves for the New Year ahead. Midi skirts in general have become really popular over the past few months, although this new style with a flared hem is turning out to overtake the average midi skirt by far! A few of these skirts were shown on the runways a couple of months ago during September, it's such a surprise as to why they haven't become hugely popular yet! I just love them so much, and wanted to create a post about them, so here it is!

Flared Skirts Fashion

Flared Skirts Fashion

Flared Skirts Fashion

Ruffled skirts and mermaid skirts have additionally become a success too, overall creating a flattering yet stylish new look. It's a shame that these kinds of skirts aren't overly popular at the moment, making them hard for me to find in stores. I've been digging online however, and I've found quite a few of them from sites such as ASOS and Kookai. I hope to buy one beforehand or shortly after Christmas time, I actually have my eyes set on the black and blue printed one below from Kookai. Here's how I would style a flared midi skirt below:

Untitled #1847

Untitled #1846

Set 1 - Featuring: Alexander McQueen rose print mermaid skirt, Saint Laurent clutch, Kookai cropped tee, Topshop mixed ring set, Kookai 'Yvette' heels and Kookai 'Nexus' necklace.

Set 2 - Featuring: Kookai 'Adder' fishtail skirt, Kookai grey cropped top, Balmain x H&M sandals, Balenciaga envelope clutch bag and Kookai 'Ashleigh' ring.